Friday, July 19, 2013

Stevie Wonder Won?t Perform in Florida After Zimmerman Verdict

The man who wrote ?You Are The Sunshine of My Life? will no longer perform in The Sunshine State. Stevie Wonder announced during a recent concert in? Quebec City, Canada, that he will no longer perform in Florida following the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. ?I?ve decided today that until the Stand Your Ground law is abolished in Florida, I will never perform there again,? Wonder said during a performance. ?As a matter of fact, wherever I find that law exists, I will not perform in that state or in that part of the world.? The singer also told the crowd, ?My heart is of love for everyone?you can?t just talk about it, you got to be about it.?

Source: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/07/17/stevie-wonder-wont-perform-in-florida-after-zimmerman-verdict/?mod=WSJBlog

condoleezza rice bill cosby Perry Hall High School Hurricane Isaac 2012 bill nye Snooki Baby terrell owens

No comments:

Post a Comment